You have an excellent opportunity to explore the trail to MachuPicchu passing over Salkantay Mountain. You can enjoy the beautiful Andes, habit to many animals (alpacas and condors), orchids and so many different types of fruit trees. This is the best alternative in the case than you can’t do Inca Trail and enjoy the snowy and tropical weather. Enjoy this luxury and unforgettable adventure with us.
DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SAYLLAPATA – SORAYPAMPA
Early we leave Cusco, go by Van for 3 hours of journey, and reach Mollepata village. Here we start our long and wonderful hike to Sayllapata area (3400 masl), where will have our delicious lunch. From there we walk through wonderful landscapes until we reach the Humantay Lake. Then we head to our first night camping, situated in Soraypampa (3900 masl). At night, we have our first camping situated in Soraypampa (3900 masl). The first has spectacular landscapes of green mountains, a large variety of native plants and amazing snow-capped peaks.Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – PASO SALKANTAY – HUAYRAC – CHAULLAY
We wake up, eat our delicious breakfast, after that we going up to Salkantay pass, cross over Salcantay Pampas, then going to the highest point of our pass, which includes the Umantay Glacier, located over 4,650m. Here the landscape is rocky and icy and the views indescribable, after a rest, we continue downhill until 2 hours reaching Huayrac, where we will have a well-deserved rest and lunch. We will then have dinner and overnight in the best campingsite in the área of Chaullay. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – SANTA TERESA
After our delicious breakfast we start our unforgettable day with completely nature change, first explore snow-covered mountains and see the wonderful fauna y flora. Continue with our pass an Andean Community before descend toward humid climate, a complete contrast to the last days. Follow Santa Teresa River there is microclimate, which is conducive to, produces many orchids, according to experts the most beautiful in the world. We arrive to la Play and go by our private van to our camping site in Santa Teresa and have the opportunity to enjoy the thermal baths (Not include). Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included.
DAY 4: SANTA TERESA – LLAQTAPATA – HYDRO ELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES.
We wake up, take our delicious breakfast, and go to archaeological ruins of Llactapata, here we can see MachuPicchu Mountain and other surronding peaks. We relax an descend 2 hours approximately and reach Hidroelectrica plant, here we take our delicious Lunch, after that, take the train to Aguas Calientes, here we spend the night in one of the best hotel of Aguas Calientes, also you can enjoy the thermal baths (Not include).
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
Very early in the morning, we pick up you from your hotel and to take the bus to go up to MachuPicchu, after that you have the luxury and guided tour for MachuPicchu. We will spend approximately two hours exploring Machu Picchu while our guide explains to us all of the different parts constituting the “Lost City of the Incas”. We also have free time to explore the ruins by yourself, possibility to walk the final part of the Inca Trail or climb the Machu Picchu or Huayna Picchu mountains. After when we finished the tour, take the bus to go down to Aguas Calientes and in the after we will go by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and from there we´ll take a van to Cusco.
- All Transfers
- English speaking professional guide
- All Meals (Doesn´t includes the 1st breakfast or last lunch).
- First aid kit
- Full camping equipment – tent kitchen, bedroom, Matt, tent.
- Horses to carry the camping gear and food.
- 01 night the best Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- 03 Camping nights
- Speaking English Guide.
- Bus up and down Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Train ticket Aguas Calientes/Cusco.
- Entrance Fees to Machupicchu.
- Sleeping bag.
- Extra drinks during the trail and the meals.
- Entrance fee to thermal baths in Aguas Calientes (S/. 15.00.)
- Lunch on the last day: after the guided tour at Machupicchu, you can enjoy free time to further visit the ruins and choose to have lunch either in Machupicchu or in Aguas Calientes.
- Optional train from Hidroelectrica to Machupicchu town (Aguas Calientes).
- Entrance a Wayna Picchu.
We recommended to bring.
- Sleeping Bag (If you do not have, please, see our camping equipment Web).
- Water bottle for the first day until lunchtime.
- Purification tablets for the water (Micropur).
- Extra money for the hotel in Aguas Calientes the 4th night.
- Original Passport in hermetic plastic bag, it can get wet.
- Mosquito Repellent.
- Sun cream.
- Tablets for altitude sickness (Easily bought in the drugstores in Cusco).
- Heavy Clothes (Hat, Scarf, Wind Breaker, Poncho, Gloves).
- Hiking Boots.
- 6 pairs of socks (Feet can get wet, is important to have dry and warm socks).
- In the rainy season, it is important to have your personal things in plastic bags.
- Toilet paper.
- Personal Things
- Camera + Film
In Case Of Passenger Students (With ISIC Card) Has A Discount Of USD $20.00
Prices Subject To Increases (Peru Rail, Inc)
If You Want To Give Hotel Of Your Choice Can Be Deducted The Amount Of $10.00.
Horse Load (Ask for more information)
Horse to Ride (Ask for more information)
Prices in American Dollars per person